Friday, January 20, 2012

Well, it's apparent that I don't know how to post the "button" because it didn't magically appear after I closed down.  Don't think I could go back and find that button now anyway.  Not very committed to that project am I?  Maybe committed to the project, just not in the promotion of it and learning how to post a "button" link to the project.  I am still trying to do my daily "good deeds" or "encouragement" though.

Last night Jimmy and I went to Kaleigh's basketball game.  Unfortunately, this is the very first game I've gotten to see her play in this year.  I think because she's not a real big fan of playing basketball - she absolutely loves volleyball and cheering - I think I haven't put out a lot of effort to getting to one of her games.  I think I'm beginning to see a problem with "committment" in my life!  I'm truly committed to my only granddaughter, but maybe not so much in a game that she's not really into.

Anyway, though I may have committment issues in my life, I am an optimist and I'm going to attempt another first.  I took a couple of hundred pictures at last night's game and I'm going to try to see if I can't post a few of them here.  I know 'Mo Joy posts lots and lots of pictures on her blog and Melanie and Jodi have posted some too - when they would post.  Maybe this committment issue is an epidemic and I got it from Melanie and Jodi.  I know it can be done so I'm going to try it.  If it works, look out!  This Nana loves her grandkids and loves to take pictures of them.

Woo Hoo!  It appears that I actually got something done!  I'm on a roll.  I'm going to see if I can do it again!


I'm intoxicated on my abilities!  What a rush!  I've posted pictures!  And look at that cute girl!  Isn't she adorable?  And she's just as sweet as she is cute!  Wow, that's a lot of exclamation points!  I told you I was a passionate Nana!  

That nasty little spot on the side of her nose is where Courtney scratched her in practice and not a piercing that's gone wrong.  


And here she is on the foul line playing defense and ready to get that re-bound.  Look at that concentration.  Maybe she won't grow up to have committment issues like her Nana or Mom.  


And this is what I came to take pictures of!  She is the official person to get the jump-off at the beginning of the game.  And she did get this one!  Unfortunately, the coach thought she needed to see it more than I needed to take a picture of it and pretty much blocked my view!  What's up with that?  Doesn't a Nana outrank a Coach?


This is one of those "you'd have to be there" moments to appreciate this.  Yes, Kaleigh threw the ball up and the ball got stuck between the basket and backboard in the game.  Though she's a pretty serious athlete and I'm proud of her to not give into those Jr. High School giggly moments, she (and the rest of her team) did find this pretty amusing while they waited for the ref to get another ball and knock it down.  


And even though, I am a really, really bad photographer and this shot is out of focus and she's got her eyes closed, I loved it because of how awesome her ponytail looks in mid-run down the court!  Yep, this is my blog and I want to devote my time and space to a bad photograph just because I like the way K's ponytail looks.


And this is my final shot of the night.  I don't know what the occasion was but each of the girls handed the coach a single long stemmed yellow rose at the end of the game and stood together to let me take their picture.  I took about 25 pictures of them getting in this position.  It's really pretty funny what lengths Jr. High girls go to get in their desired pose.  That # 24 just to the right of center is my favorite granddaughter.  I am so proud of you and when you talk about optimism - I can see all the potential in the world in her sweet face, her ambition in her beautiful eyes, and the compassion in her heart.  I love you Katie-bugg! 


  




No comments:

Post a Comment